Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Verizon Binder Post information

Status
Not open for further replies.

1pzcomm

Vendor
Nov 15, 2007
US
Any one know how to find binder post info on verizon circuits.... the buttheads won't give out that info...

The only experience I have had is with the GTE/Verizon plant people. What I was told is, they will come out and tag all the jumpers with their assignments, but that was 2 years ago. I have not had any dealings with the Bell side of Verizon, since I am in California, and there is none here!

Even though it may take some time depending how many pairs the terminal is, you might just do it yourself using the various line ID numbers, like 959-1114 or 800-444-4444. But of course for any PLs or DS1s, you would need the tag for the ckt ID. For the most part GTE/Verizon techs here in CA have been pretty good keeping the pairs tagged.

If you or your client has an account manager, you might try going thru them to get the assignments from the outside plant people.

Hope this helps!

....JIM....

Another trick you can use to ID POTs lines is to use a butt set to call a cell phone from each line and see what number shows up.

If it ain't broke, I haven't fixed it yet.

I use 800-444-4444. That's a chatty Cathy from MCI, bless their hearts. It's a great help, and it doesn't make any difference who the carrier is.

Thanks guys I appreciate it.... I know all those tricks... thought maybe some one had a number that could get you the info I need.... There are about 700 lines on this dmarc.... no way in hell am I checking them all....

You're not doing it and you won't like it when you're done doing it, right? LOL

700 copper lines??? [shocked]

If it ain't broke, I haven't fixed it yet.

It is the phone company's responsibility to tag the line at the d-marc. If you can't find a line, call the phone company and have them send out a tech to tag it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back