Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Verity collection stopped working

Status
Not open for further replies.

siituser

Programmer
Sep 30, 2002
CA
I have 6 different verity collections. One of the collections is a combination of the other 5 and would be quite large. This collection seems to update fine, but it will not bring back any results to queried against. The other 5 collections work great. We are using the basic Verity engine with CF MX 6.1 Professional server. Would this because I have hit maxium size limit for a single collection? How can I tell if the collection is too large? Any documentation I have found talks about 125,000 something - insure whether that is documents, files, words, etc. Do I need to be looking at the K2 server?

Any info would be really appreciated.

I would absolutely look at the K2 server. It has worked well for us since switching over. We also used to have occasional problems with the collections. We sometimes had to blow them away and rebuild them.

Found our problem. The result sets were over 64K in size and CF can not handle that. Does K2 fix that issue or is this a completely CF thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back