Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Veritas Volume Manager 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

namaycushs

Technical User
Aug 10, 2004
CH
Hi,
How can I get for each disk group (dg)the disk space (in blocks) for the associated disks (dm) with vxprint in o n e command line ? Combination with AWK necessary?

Hi,

I do not know how to find free space with vxprint.

If you only need to learn free space , you can use the commands below.

1. To determine contiguous regions of free space on all disks:
# vxdg free

2. To determine contiguous regions of free space on only one disk group:

# vxdg -g <disk group> free

3. To determine the total amount of free space in a disk group:

# vxassist -g <disk_group> maxsize

Hi,
I searched one more time veritas pages. They are very helpful.

1. To find the total amount of Volume Manager disk space in a particular disk group:

# vxprint -g testdg1 -dF "%publen" | awk 'BEGIN {s = 0} {s += $1} END {print s}'

2. To find the total amount of Volume Manager disk space for all disk groups:

# vxprint -AQqdF "%publen" | awk 'BEGIN {s = 0} {s += $1} END {print s}'

ThanX for the postings ! I must refine my question.
With vxprint I have as output different Disk groups, e.g. Disk group: a, Disk group b, etc. and for every disk group the length (in blocks) for their repespective types (disks (dm), volumes, plexes etc.).

So I want an output, which sums up for one type the length (block sizes). Output would e.g. look like this.
Diskgroup a: total length for type dm
Diskgroup b: total length for type dm

With the command vxprint -g testdg1 -dF "%publen" | awk 'BEGIN {s = 0} {s += $1} END {print s}'
I have to specify the disk group, but I d'ont want to specify it, but that the system does it for all the disk groups for a particular type. E.G. Disks (dm)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back