Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Veritas Not Working

Status
Not open for further replies.

5uper5aiyan

IS-IT--Management
Nov 20, 2002
US
I am using Back Up Exec 8.6 on a Windows 2000 server and the back up jobs are no longer running. They have been working fine for about 2 months and all of sudden they have stopped running. There are no errors and all the services are running. They show up as being scheduled but when I come in the next day they have disappeared. Any ideas?

I had a similar situation and discovered a password changed at the administration level which stopped BE finding any disc space on the server. I rebooted the system and reset the administrator password which appears to have resolved the matter.

I tried this and still am having no luck. Any other suggestions?

You aren't using the Evaluation Version are you?

-SQLBill

Check the system and application log in event viewer to see if there are any clues

Can you run a manual backup? If you can, does it complete? If it fails, what is the error code?

BTW-to check your version, go to HELP > About Backup Exec. The popup window will show your verison and list your licenses.

-SQLBill

I have Backup Exec ver 8.6 rev 3878. Every time I start a job manually it just sits there and says "scheduled". The logs don't tell me anything. No major errors and nothing other then totally unrelated junk. It just amazes me because it was working flawlessly and then just nothing. I can't figure it out.

I was burned once when it paused the server for some reason. It's simple to check, go to the media tab and at the top of the screen where it has the server name, check to see if it says "Paused" next to it. If it does, right-click it and uncheck pause

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back