Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Veritas not sending email to administrators

Status
Not open for further replies.

gman10

Technical User
Jul 20, 2001
US
Hello-

Plainly, our network admins should receive an email when Veritas backups up daily whether it's successful or not. In our case, this feature is just not working at all. What parameters and settings should I check to verify that everythings working. We are a Windows 2000 shop, single domain (AD) establishment. Please help!!!

GT

The email system is Exchange 2000

Have you got a client installed on the server? Have you got a valid e-mail account setup? It ain't gonna work if you've not.

If you have got the above, what happens when you send a test mail?

[elephant2]elephant2]elephant2]

I'm also having a problem with e-mail notification in Backup Exec.

It is supposed to send an e-mail to an external address.
Internal notification works fine.

I inserted my exchange server name in de SMTP setup dialog.

I already have been on the phone with Veritas for an hour and they came to the conclusion that it was a Exchange problem and not Backup exec. (Our customers have NT (SBS 4.5) and 2000 servers and are running different versions of Backup exec all with the same problem.)

If I look in the event viewer it says something like: "Refused to relay *server ip*, *exchange server name* etc."

So backup exec sends the e-mail to smtp correctly, but exchange just doesn't accept it.

Somebody please help me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back