Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Veritas Media Sets

Status
Not open for further replies.

TekkaRyu

Technical User
Jul 9, 2004
US
Hi, i was wondering if everyone could give me some suggestions on what i should do for media sets, starting with a fresh install here, the way i did it before was each backup job having its own media set for full and differential, but that doesnt work too well with a library that can only hold 8 tapes, and each tape being 40 gigs.

I would go on the assumption that your running a M-Thru Diff and Friday Full. I would create two media sets DIFF Overwrite protection of 6 days and a Full with the Same Overwrite protection. Assuming your leaving the tapes int the drive. Another though...if a full backup fit on to one tape you could create 4 one slot partitions...create 4 DIFF jobs for M-Thur and use the other partition for Full Friday, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back