Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Veritas license Key

Status
Not open for further replies.

krishsays

IS-IT--Management
Dec 3, 2004
GB
Hi All,

We have a system running SOlaris 6 and Veritas 3.1. I want reinstall the whole system with Solaris 9 and upgrade the Veritas as well. My question is whether I can use the same old license ( Veritas license is valid till 2008) for this new installation ( Solaris 9 and Veitas 3.5 ). If yes then how do I dig the license key from the old installation. I understand that 4th line in /etc/vx/elm/*.lic files contains the license key , but not sure about it. Please can somebody answer these questions.

thanks
krishan

krishsays;

try vxlicense -p and see if that gives you license information.

Thanks

CA

I think the key is only hardware specific, so if it is on the same server you should not need a new key.

However if it does not work, you will still have an evaluation period (45 days I think).

I also rememeber Sol 9 is not on the compatibility Matrix, so you should ask you vendor (and/or local veritas rep) as you may have unknowingly lost you support.

Veritas 3.5 and later products use a different licensing system. You'll need to contact your Veritas vendor and transfer the licence to the 'new' system. It may cost money.

Annihilannic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back