Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Veritas backup job stuck in running status

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shady

Technical User
Sep 7, 2001
GB
I am running Veritas Backup Exec v9 on a IBM Netfnity 5000 running NT Server using a 4mm DAT tape drive.
Problem is the backup job I run daily has suddenly appears to hang in a 'running' staus after about 11gb but the percentage shown is blank and the elapsed time continues to run.
Last nights backup started at 7pm and is still showing as running at 11:30am this morning.
Nothing has changed on the system as far as i'm aware.
I am going to download the latest tape drivers to start with but wondered if anyone else has had this problem and what they did to resolve it?

Shady

check the alerts, it could be the tape is full and it is asking to insert an overwritable piece of media.

I am having a similar issue. I have a duplicate job that is stuck in Queued. There aren't any alerts. Anyone got some troubleshooting ideas for me?

I use Veritas now, but have used ArcServ 2000 (and ver 9) in the past. In that product, it would indicate a corrupt database... different product, but might be the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back