Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Veritas BackExec 9.0 Oracle Agent error a000848c 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

cthulhu4u

MIS
Feb 17, 2004
US
I am running BE 9.0 in a W2K environment with SAN connected servers. My only Oracle server - which has Remote and Oracle agents installed - backup fails every night with error a000848c. I have performed the following checks to try and solve the issue:

1. Confirm system account password on all services, jobs and accounts
2. Confirmed all accounts have rights to the server and the oracle database
3. Confirmed by opening the database from the job and listing the tables that the system account has access to the database
4. Increased the TCP dynamic port ranges to suggested values
5. Reinstalled the agents
6. Summoned multiple deities in hopes of eternal destruction of the servers involved

Our DBA is dumping the database into a separate drive so I can collect it, but I want the ability do a hot backup directly from the database.

2 hours of on hold with Veritas caused me to throw the phone across the room.

This is one of a quadrillion problems I have with this software but I will not go into them here.

Does anyone know anything I could be overlooking?

That hex code is generic.
Can you provide actual error in the log - Thanks

FROM BACKUPEXEC->
Error category : Resource
ErrorsError code : a000848c
HEXError description : Unable to attach to one of the drives.

FROM APPLICATION EVENT LOG->
Event Type: Error
Event Source: Backup Exec
Event Category: None
Event ID: 34113
Date: 2/16/2004
Time: 11:19:26 PM
User: N/A
Computer: XXXBCK02
Description:
Backup Exec Alert: Job Failed
(Server: "XXXBCK02") (Job: "XXXORA01 - Daily") XXXORA01 - Daily -- The job failed with the following error: Unable to attach to one of the drives.

For more information, click the following link:

THIS ARTICLE IS IRRELEVANT AS I CAN NAVIGATE FROM BACKUP EXEC THROUGH THE DATABASE.

In the details of the job log if unable to attach to something. Are you using AOFO on the Oracle Server?

Try Enabling Restrict Anonymous support on the media server and oracle server

i think it is because your backup server can't access your oracle server.

steveot

I do not have the Open File Option loaded on the oracle server but have worked around it by doing a cold backup on the weekend and backing up the oracle backup files during the week. I cannot get the funding to install OFO. Do you think that this is the cause and the solution?

Restrict Anonyumous did not fix it either.

dooza

I can access the server and can even navigate the tables using Backup Exec . I do not think this is the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back