Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Veritas Agent Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

pandazoo

Technical User
Jun 11, 2003
GB

Hi,

I have just upgraded two servers from Veritas Agents 9 to 9.1.

I did this by using cmd line setup.exe /rant32: etc etc - this is the only way with Veritas 9 that I found actually worked 100%.

However with 9.1 agent the agent crashes when there is communication from the backup server to the agent. In the job log I get "A communications failure occured on the backup device" and checking afterwards the agent service on the server being backed up has died.

I can restart the agent on the client and verify that it is working by telnet to server on port 10000 and by using the tcp/ip tools supplied by Veritas.

Does anyone have any ideas why the agent would be crashing?

The only thing I can think of is uninstalling completly the agent on the client and reinstalling.

Is there a guide any where which shows how to get rid of the agent MANUALLY - dll's reg's etc etc

Any help would be great ! :)

Ta.

P.

You did not mention if the media server was upgraded also. You must be running the media server at 9.1 if you want to use the 9.1 agents.
Peggy

Apologies - yes media server is 9.1 SP1

P.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back