Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Veritas 9.1 and McAfee 8.0 on an exchange server

Status
Not open for further replies.

nymets

MIS
Jan 22, 2002
US
i have installed veritas 9.1 on a server without an issue. I didn't have smtp alerts running yet because we hadn't installed exchange. I have since installed exchange 2003 (there was an existing exchange 5.5 server in the environment).

When i try to set up an SMTP Configuration, (since i have exchange installed on this machine, i can't use a mapi client), i have the acct correct, the correct exchange server, and the correct port(25). i send a test to a configured recipient and nothing happens.

I know in McAfee 8.0 you have to enable the alertserver.exe so notifications won't be blocked...that is set.

Nothing in event viewer...nothing in McAfee's log...i can't figure this out.

Anybody have any ideas? Thanks.

Do you have outlook installed on the server? I don't understand your comment about 'since i have exchange installed on this machine, i can't use a mapi client' of course you can install Outlook.

AM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back