Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Veritas 9.0 for Linux?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjmorse

MIS
Jun 2, 2004
US

I have a 9.0 backup server which backs up my Sun machines and Windows servers. Where can I get installation media for linux?

Not sure if I understand... More info needed.

What exactly do you have? Backup Exec for Windows Servers? If so, this product doesn't install on Linux. I'm assuming if this is what you have, then you are backing up files from your Sun boxes via an Agent add-on.

If you have one of the products that runs natively in linux (I think netbackup is one), contact your vendor and ask them to help you, or see if you can redownload the files from veritas and input your license info on installation.

Matt J.

Please always take the time to backup any and all data before performing any actions suggested for ANY problem, regardless of how minor a change it might seem. Also test the backup to make sure it is intact.

Contact Veritas to get the unix agent that runs on linux.

>---------------------------------------Lawrence Feldman
SR. QA. Engineer SNAP Appliance
lfeldman@snapappliance.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back