Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Veritas 9.0 Credentials issues!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

EarAche

MIS
Jun 2, 2003
US
Greetings.
When I backup a server using one password for administrator and then start another job, on a diff. server with a diff administrator password, it always errors out with: a000848c HEX (which is a bad credential error.) So, what is happening is the jobs are not keeping the passwords I enter for each server, they are always using the last administrator password used at the time of the last backup job. Does not matter if its a scheduled job or ran manually, it will always do that. Is there a work around for this other than changing the password on that one server. I cant do that or I would!, its used by an outside corp. All the other servers use the same admin password.

Thanks in advance.

Its a good idea to set up on user as the back up operator on all servers and on the network as opossed to many.

"Sometimes I do not know but I try hard"- R.F. Haughty 1923

Sorry,
What I meant was, the same account should be used for doing all the backups, its worth while setting up a specific user account for running them as opposed to have a number of different ones which can be difficult to troubleshoot.

To add to the previous post, after setting up that ONE account (assuming this is an NT/2000 Domain) you will want this account setup as the 'Resource Logon Account' in Veritas and as the logon account for the Veritas Services in Windows.

Yes,
If you do what pinegar and myself suggest it will make it much easier to troubleshoot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back