Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Veritas 8.6 Exchange Agent

Status
Not open for further replies.

rleestma

Technical User
Jul 31, 2001
US
Have a problem...

I have one 2000 Server running be 8.6, and a 2000 sbs server that contains the exchange database I'm trying to back up.

I installed the exchange agent license code on my 2000 server, and pushed the remote agent to the sbs 2000 box... Problem is, when I go to selections, remote selections, and the sbs2000 server, I can't select anything.

I have enabled user selections, installed and reinstalled multiple times.

I have the exchange agent license code in the 2000 server, but no specific remote agent (my vendor tells me this is included?)

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ryan

For 8.6 you also need a remote agent license installed on teh media server to be able to backup a remote computer - your vendor may be thinking of 9.x.

Also you are actually not licensed to backup a SBS 2000 server remotely. All backups must be done locally and you need a special BE SBS license for it as well - this license will give you access to exchange, sql etc.

Hi,
I hv ms 2000 server with ms exchange 5.5 , around not less than 100 mails boxes plus files, plus veritas 8.5 backup exec, i need to upgrade this to ms exchange 200 server
how to go head for direct upgrade, does it affect my old exchange and veritas back up 8.5 server, i will be happy if any one repllies to my questions. i do not understand why does my back up does not support remote server folders and files bck up/
thanks in advance

ashok

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back