Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Verifying Input Fields for flash quiz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Hi everyone,

whew! where to start! I guess from the beginning! (I really hope someone out there can help me out!)

I have 3 fields on a flash frame, these fields are input text boxes and have the variables; field1, field2, and field3.

I am creating a test for some users, and what I need to do is be able to check their answers and if they get the score correct +1 is added to another variable I created called "score". I think the way to add the +1 to the variable score is score:_root +1 or something similar to that, I had the exact script but I completely lost it!

So, anyways back to the test, what I want to do is this. With the three fields on the page, the possible answers could be
field1 could be 102, or 103
field2 could be 104, or 105
field3 could be 106, 107, or 108

After they input their choices into the text box, and when they press submit, I would like the following to happen:
(please remember, I am just writing out my notes below! not actual coding! - dont laugh heh)

onclick
if field1 = 102 or 103
+1 to variable score
if field2 = 104 or 105
+1 to variable score
if field3 = 106, 107 or 108
+1 to variable score
goto frame10 and play.

Is this possible?
I have the variable "score" hidden in the bottom corner so it will always remain there.
If anyone could help me that would be great!

thanks!
- Leland

on(press){
if((field1==102) || (field1==103)){
score++;
}
if((field2==105) || (field2==105)){
score++;
}
if((field3==106) || (field3==107) || (field3==108)){
score++;
}