Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VERIFY.TXT ALOHA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boccepalazzo

IS-IT--Management
May 10, 2014
US
Something is goofy with our new Aloha installation since install last month. Aloha version 6.7.xx. I "think" it's using a combination of SQL and writing DBF files from SQL. Not completely sure yet.

So, I am getting hundreds of errors upon running verify data in the verify.txt file. Other than that everything is working flawlessly. The errors relate to items, taxes, print groups, screen panels, buttons and so on.

I've deleted the CDx and tdx files and no difference. Backed up beforehand of course. The DBF files always get overwritten by the SQL tables.

No errors or anything with the system except verify.txt

What does the verify data actually check?
It seems to fire off aemshell.exe when I click the option in aloha manager

Any ideas?

you need to login to the "new aloha manager" should be an orange AM icon. from there you need to fix your database. the verify.txt error tells you which parts of the database, whether it be item, etc. needs to be corrected. For example if an item does not have a tax id associated to it, verify.txt will fire an error stating just that.

Once you correct those items listed in the verify.txt you would need to refresh the POS so it can push it down to the DBFs.

Thanks Sheerdyn, your help and response is greatly appreciated.

That all makes sense however there is nothing to fix.

Example being every food item is linked to tax group record number 1 named food, and tax group record 1 is linked tax type record number 2 for the tax details. The verify.txt error says for example item 1000 tax ID 2 not found.

Taxes show up correctly in FOH and BOH receipts, reports, everywhere. I looked at the SQL tables as well and all looks fine.

Another error is the first error of void reasons where I have ten reason defined in void reasons in the database.

Literally every item has a tax Id and printer group not found. But the records are there and functioning everywhere within the system.

Also, say I change the printer group for an item. the new updated error in verify.txt just states the new printer group the item was reassigned to.

I could possibly expect this if a tax record was deleted while still linked but they have not been nor have the printer and printer group records.
It also happens to every new item I create.

Could the indexes in SQL be messed up somehow?
The system is not even live yet.

Here's the first few lines.

ERROR: *** MUST Correct All Errors Before Running FOH ***
ERROR:
ERROR: At least one void reason must be defined when using 'Void Items' in Access Levels or 'Allow to void own items' in Job Code.
ERROR: Item 2000 (<<<<<APPS>>>>>) tax id 2 not found.
ERROR: Item 2000 (<<<<<APPS>>>>>) printer group 13 not found.
ERROR: Item 2001 (L-ANTIPASTI) tax id 2 not found.
ERROR: Item 2001 (L-ANTIPASTI) printer group 13 not found.
ERROR: Item 2002 (L-BRUSCHETTA) tax id 2 not found.
ERROR: Item 2002 (L-BRUSCHETTA) printer group 13 not found.

If you're positive everything is correct and it seems like a database thing then if it's standalone you might need to delete and then re-install the SQL database, if it's Configuration Center then you would need to contact NCR. I don't recommend doing this yourself unless your willing to take the risk of messing it up further.

Thanks dauphin2

I figured that is where I was headed

I'll let support handle the task then since the system was delivered in this state.

Looks like somebody deleted tax id #2 and printer group #13, from those first few lines. Get a complete list of everything that verify says can't be found and try to figure out what they were, then replace them as best you can.

Update for anyone interested. According to support, in the latest version the errors I am seeing are misleading as the database is newer and the verify data option has not been upgraded to match.

So in reality, there are no errors even those the verify.txt shows there are.
The next update should likely address the issue.

All is good

Thanks to everyone that tried to help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back