Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Verify If Delivery Status Notification E-mail was Sent Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShawnF

IS-IT--Management
Oct 1, 2001
US
Hello,

Is there a way to determine if Exchange 2000 on a W2k Server sent out a Delivery Status Notification to a particular receipient (via postmaster@domain.com)? We have a customer who had been trying to send E-mail to us to an invalid address, and they are saying they are NOT getting a Delivery Status Notification message informing them they sent to an invalid address. I've tested the scenario and verified today that an auto DSN is being sent out when I try to send to an invalid E-mail address, so I know it's working now. But I would like to trace if one was sent out in that particular instance of the customer's and see if one was sent out to the customer. My feeling is that their mail server/spam remover/etc... blocked them from getting the DSN. I did a search in the Exchange System Manager for messages sent from "postmaster@ourdomain.com" but it didn't find anything. Logging on to the administrator account and checking the account's E-mail doesn't show anything like that.

Thanks!

Shawn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back