Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Verify fails on Exchange 2007 server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mezlo

Technical User
Jan 7, 2006
US
Here is our configuration:

Media server: Server 2003 SP2 32-bit, Backup Exec 11d, Exchange 2007 SP1 management tools 32-bit

Exchange server: Server 2003 SP2 64-bit, Exchange 2007 SP1 64-bit (all roles)

Both machines are domain controllers (I know Exchange shouldn't be on a DC but that's how it is).

We have 2 backup jobs for the exchange server which run nightly. The first job backs up the file system and system state while the second job backs up the information store.

When verifing the system state, we get the error "The file System Files\System Files is different." When verifying the information store, we get the error "The file &Logs&Mailbox Database is different." Both of these errors occur about 75% of the time and not always together.

Any ideas on what we can do to reduce or eliminate these verification issues?

you upgraded 11d to 7101 build? and then patched SP1 + others?

We are running 11d v7170 with SP1 and hotfixes 18-25 installed. I am downloading 11d SP2 right now. On the Exchange server, this problem was occurring prior to installing Exchange SP1 and is still happening. I will let you know if installing 11d SP2 makes any difference.

Mezlo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back