Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Verify Database Not Working Against Stored Procedure

Status
Not open for further replies.

BTPJayW

Technical User
Mar 17, 2021
US
I am using a SQL stored procedure as a data source in a Crystal Report (2008). After I linked the stored proc, I changed the datetime parameters to date parameters. Crystal Reports recognized the change when I used the Verify Database function. In the course of designing the report, I found the need to modify the stored proc. I modified one field without changing the name (just trimmed some leading zeroes) and added a new field. The Verify Database function did not pick up the changes.

I started a new report and linked to the stored proc and still could not see the changes. I created a new stored procedure and linked to it and could not see the changes. I even tried to link the stored proc to Excel and couldn't see the changes.

And yes, I have checked to make sure I am connecting to the correct database. As I indicated above, my first change was recognized.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

What type and version of database are you connecting to? What connection type (ODBC, OLEDB, native) are you using? What version of the database driver are you using?

-Dell

Senior Manager, Data & Analytics
Protiviti

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back