Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ver 4.53 on XP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

snowghost

MIS
Jun 10, 2002
US
We're an NT shop and upgraded a few workstations to XP for testing purposes. InoculanIT ver 4.53 appears to run okay on XP even though the CA's driver update page says it's unsupported for versions 4.x.

Yet on a bunch of FAQs they talk about NT/2000/XP running with 4.53. Anybody else use XP and 4.53?

TIA

I have been running v4.53 on one notebook with XP pro for about a year without any problems. Installed with sp1a and the latest driver update drvupdi.exe. CA says they are dropping support for 4.53 in March, and so I am migrating to V7. I am not sure how this affects the signature updates, I originally assumed that dropping support also means dropping signature updates, but I am not sure. Here is the link to the CA notification for dropping support:

This includes signature updates. v4.53 has served me well for 4 years, but because of this I'm making the move to eTrust 7.

Thanks. It does seem to work okay on XP workstations. We just bought a new server upon which we'll install eTrust 7--should be pretty cool.

CA has dropped support for InoculateIT/Inoculan v 4.x for Windows (including signature updates and localized versions) effective March 17, 2004.
Signature updates for InoculateIT/Inoculan v 4.x on the remaining platforms listed below will be published once a week on Mondays.

Sorry Ignnore my previous post
it is not this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back