Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Vendor Tells Newbie (ME) "Sorry Can't be Done"-Auto MSG FWDING FROM a Mailbox to Multiple

Status
Not open for further replies.

vsmith1026

IS-IT--Management
May 10, 2006
CA
Employees report daily abscences by calling our AfterHour Auto Attendant > Staff select their specific reporting group i.e. Press 2 for Roads Staff > they record their name/date of call/reason for absence etc. > message is delivered to multiple staff mailboxes who need to be notified of absences.

We currently have a Call XPress and the above is currently working perfectly but we are upgrading to the Call Pilot 1006r -CallPilot Manager version 05.01.03.03 within the month and our vendor says the Call Pilot can't do this? It appears if our Vendor doesn't know how to do something their response is "Can't be done on the Call Pilot" LOL! They've told me this numerous times for several set ups and I've figured out how to do it myself but I need help with this one please!

First how would you accomplish my SCENARIO noted above (i.e. via a mailbox or Voice Forms??)

Mailbox Method - Staff would simply leave a message in their specific reporting group which would be a mailbox AND my question is can the message be A) delivered to multiple staff mailboxes B) delivered to a distribution list containing the staff mailboxes that need to receive the message?

Voice Forms - You'd need to explain this and I'm pretty sure setting the above scenario up via Voice Forms is not the way to do it but again I'm a NEWBIE and not 100% clear on Voice Forms yet but I'm open to your suggestions!

I'm a Call Pilot Newbie and I need your help with this specific scenario please since my vendor doesn't like a challenge and prefers to tell his NEWBIE clients "Sorry Call Pilot Can't Do It". How do I tell our staff that our NEW Call Pilot System can't do 1/4 of the things our dear old (23 years old) Call XPress could do! Come on..............REALLY?

Thanks for your time!

What type of PBX

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS AND AVAYA

I'm sorry I forgot to mention what our PBX is:
CS1000 - VERSION 3521 / RELEASE 5

Voice forms are great if you need specific questions answered as it will prompt the caller. It would take longer than just a regular voice mail for the caller to leave the required information but you would get the exact information you need.

The voice mail box would work for you - set up the voice mail with remote notification. The remote notification can go to an individual email address or it can go to an email distribution list. You can customize the message that is sent to the email - such as " Voice mail box XXXX has received a message notifying you of an employee absence".

Message forwarding from the voice mail works great - it sends the voice mail message as a wave file to the email address. I have only tested it using an individual email address but it would probably work for a distribution list email. The parameters for the configuration of message forwarding only allow one email address to be entered. The remote notification allows multiple email addresses to be entered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back