Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Vendor Initialization failed - Interbase connection 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

StevenK

Programmer
Jan 5, 2001
GB
We've recently connected a new (Windows XP) machine to a clients network.
We've installed the Borland Database Engine (and SQL Links option) from the Delphi installation.
We've created the appropriate database connections (aliases through Borland Delphi SQL Explorer / BDE Administrator).
When we try and open the database connection (to the Interbase database .gdb file on the network server path) we get an error - something like :
"Vendor Initialization failed." and then goes on to mention (I think) gds32.dll service library?

What would cause this error ?

The paths are set up in the same way from a working machine.
Is there anything else I need to install on the client machine (beyond the BDE and SQL Links) - do we need the Interbase Client ?
Memory fails me with this - its been a while ... [wink]

Thanks in advance,
Steve

Yes you need to install the Interbase Client also, The Server will only communicate with your machine if the Interbase Client is installed.

Steven van Els
SAvanEls@cq-link.sr

Thanks - installing the Interbase Client was indeed the answer.
It's been a long while since we did this last - and memory tends to fail me these days ... ;)
Thanks again.
Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back