Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Vendor Access 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 3, 2005
US
Does anyone have any idea if any of the telco's around the country are allowing vendors access to clients records to place orders, make changes etc. via the web without the business office or vendor service centers being involved?

Even simple orders placed self service style like hunt changes and custom calling adds or changes and repair reporting.

It sure would make my life easier if I could do this stuff myself. I am always up against the 5p clock monday thru friday with the business offices.

Is there a vendor users group or a vendor association?

Dave,
The Phone Doctor
Las Vegas, NV USA

"You're Never Alone When You're Near A Phone!"

...Lily Tomlin
a/k/a "Ernestine

At the carrier/CLEC level that type of access has been around since the late 1980s. Pacific Bell has had various versions of access for some vendor groups and carriers. The last one I am awhere of was called "SERVICE MANAGER" . It had ordering capability and you could enter and monitor trouble reports. Then SBC got rid of the repair part and we had to use a program called "TOOL BAR", but it did not work as well as Service Manager. We still have the vendor/consultant group which is an outgrowth of the old COG.

The former Bell companies usually have some sort of vendor/consultant group for orders, etc. You might see what is available in your area. But I would not hold my breath for Sprint(CENTEL), they could not find their way out of a manhole!

....JIM....

GTE had a vendor liason we could deal with , when they became Verizon the postion was eleminated

when I call now I dont get any farther than the customer does .

thats one (of the few ) things I do like about Vonage , you can log in and change whatever you like , whenever you like.

Well, as far as VSC are concerned, they are for the birds. Sprint has one of th worst and PacBell in CA has one of the best so far as I have delt with.

Most of the time Spint VSC in Florida looses most of my orders, takes days to issue my orders and closes at 2p PST.

What I do is get my customer to allow me password access to their account and I pretend to be someone from their IT department.

Sprint's business office gets things done far faster than their VSC.

Dave,
The Phone Doctor
Las Vegas, NV USA

"You're Never Alone When You're Near A Phone!"

...Lily Tomlin
a/k/a "Ernestine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back