Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Vectoring & CTI

Status
Not open for further replies.

mwarren

MIS
Sep 10, 2003
GB
Has anyone got any experience of routing calls with CTI instead of using large amounts of vectors. I have 2 switches in 2 sites - in Europe with all the languages that are spoken and different products we have - vectoring is becoming one big headache!

Genesys, Altitude, AIC can do this all for you.
What specifically do you need to know???

To be more specific, I was looking to do Greeting Messages, Out of hours, Emergency routing, the language of the message by DNIS look up.

Will this then route to a specific vector based on the DNIS.

We have a MicroAutomation CTI to supply information to an Edify IVR. I have no experience of using CTI and there is no service contract for me to use.

Unfortunately Genesys is not an option here at the moment.

Ok basically you need an external scripting or routing process.

MicroAutomation should have this module available and so should the IVR.

What would happen is a call would come in and get directed to the IVR (for instance). The IVR would run a script ( your business rules, holiday.............. then transfer the call. This transfer can occur to a vdn, agent depending on the value returned in the script or database.
This is a standard feature on most CTI systems and IVR's but you have to have the routing module available.

OK - thanks for you help - I can start to look into it. Thanks for the help. Have you done routing in this way?

Ive done this within Genesys integrating into Avaya, Alcatel, Nortel.
You can add alot of value by introducing CTI and associated modules.
Dont forget it can also add certain types of complexity as well.

The value I like - the complexity - NO. Did you incorporate a back up for a potential CTI outage? I'm wondering if I should - then they would need to be a complex as the existing vectoring is anyway.

In terms of redundancy depending on the how much the customer deems acceptable service in an outage. I have had customers that want to mimic the CTI and others that can live with general service no customer segmentation stuff.

Most cases i will build in enough redundancy, but yes it can become complicated, but with multiple languages, skills, agents, business units and maybe multimedia the script or routing engine will eventually be easier to manage.

Ok Thanks for your help - something to look into when I get time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back