Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Vector question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 27, 2005
US
Does anyone see how ACD calls routed with the vector below could be queueing to skill 1 between 5 and 5:30 PM? The calls definately came in after 4:30 and are being answered after 5 PM. I can tell by my CMS reports.

Thanks.

Number: 7 Name:
Multimedia? n Meet-me Conf? n Lock? n
Basic? y EAS? y G3V4 Enhanced? y ANI/II-Digits? y ASAI Routing? n
Prompting? y LAI? n G3V4 Adv Route? y CINFO? n BSR? y Holidays? y
Variables? y
01 goto step 23 if time-of-day is fri 16:30 to mon 05:59
02 goto step 25 if time-of-day is all 06:00 to all 08:29
03 goto step 23 if time-of-day is all 16:30 to all 05:59
04 goto step 23 if staffed-agents in skill 1 = 0
05 goto vector 41 if holiday in table 1
06 goto vector 99 if staffed-agents in skill 99 > 0
07 goto step 21 if calls-queued in skill 1 pri l > 21
08 wait-time 2 secs hearing ringback
09 collect 1 digits after announcement 4967 for none
10 route-to number 2577 with cov y if digit = 1
11 goto step 12 if unconditionally
12 goto step 21 if calls-queued in skill 1 pri m > 21
13 goto step 23 if time-of-day is all 16:30 to all 08:29
14 queue-to skill 1 pri m
15 announcement 4965
16 wait-time 60 secs hearing music
17 collect 1 digits after announcement 4952 for none
18 goto step 21 if digits = 1
19 goto step 16 if unconditionally
20 stop
21 route-to number 4297 with cov y if unconditionally
22 stop
23 disconnect after announcement 4955
24 stop
25 route-to number 4296 with cov y if unconditionally
26 stop
27 disconnect after announcement none

Are you sure that your CMS and your switch have the same time?

I don't think it is a time between CMS and PBX thing. As I understand it the CMS reporting time comes from the individual PBXs and doesn't have much to do with what shows on what is displayed the CMS Terminal Emulator screen. This CMS serves 3 different ACDs. On this particular ACD the time is off by 2 minutes from the PBX.

Are you sure that this is the only vector that inbound calls flow through? Or perhaps calls are being placed to the hunt group number instead of the VDN.

Susan
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example." - Mark Twain, Pudd'nhead Wilson (1894)

I thought about the calls coming in on hunt group extension, and my RONA VDNs / Vectors but I'm running Skill, VDN, and Vector reports to find out where the calls come from. They are coming in on this vector and I know the VDN from the reports as well.

The strange thing is in the Vector reports I'm seeing 4 out of 5 calls on average being forced disconnect like they should be in step 23. The other calls are queing and I can't figure out why. I added step 13 recently just before the call queues although it is redundant to the opening TOD steps.

No strange events in the logs.

Is it possible that the calls were queued prior to 4:30pm but not being answered until after?

Susan
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example." - Mark Twain, Pudd'nhead Wilson (1894)

The only reason I asked about the time issues is from my understanding. The data that CMS captures is recorded based on it’s time stamp and not the time stamp of the switch. Therefore if the time was off by a few minutes you could have run your report to end a 5pm, but it might be 5:10 etc. Just checking for an easy answer.

But Susan is correct, if you have calls in queue before your time limitation, and they are not handled, then they will set in the loop at 16 to 19. What you my want to try and do is put in a step to check the time and route the call out if it is stuck after 4:30pm.

If you have CDR, and you can get the ANI that one/some of the calls are coming from, you can trace the path into your call system.

Susan

It's possible that the calls are simply finishing after 5pm. For example: calls that were started at 4:55 that last 10 minutes will have their call record data logged in the 5-5:30 interval.

Carpe dialem! (Seize the line!)

Im with dufus2506 - I just had to explain this samething to a supervisor. Call came into an agent at 11:44 pm, the talked to them for 5 min and logged out at 11:49 pm. Before he logged out he actually transfered the call to another center. Call was still being tracked in the VDN. Call to transfer site lasted 11min 5 seconds so its showed up in the 12-12:30 interval.

So the reports showed that the agent had taken a call in the 12-12:30 interval, but the agent trace clearly showed him logged out at 11:49.

I had to use agent trace, vdn, and CDR reports to track it down.

RTMCKEE

CM 2.1.1
Prologix R9.05
Modular Messaging 1.1

All of the responses have been very good logical suggestions and I really appreciate that.

No unexplained after hours ACD calls today. Yesterday there was one that recorded in the 5 - 5:30 interval. The TOD routing doesn't allow queue calls after 4:30. Queue time of 16:24, talk time of 9:28. That adds up to nearly 26 minutes but is still a little short of the 30 to jump intervals.

I will keep checking reporting and see if this continues or if it was a one time thing that occurred due to some other factor like a transfer.

I just added the additional TOD step 13 yesterday. These calls happened more often before adding step 13. Some of the announcements are a bit long winded before the calls actually queue.

Thanks for all of the help.

I was really getting tired of staring at the 615c screen!

Hello,
I sometimes have has issues using the ranges for example mon xx:xx to fri xx:xx. Instead I just treat every day with a command to ensure it works the way I need it to. For example:

26 goto step 3 if time-of-day is mon 08:00 to mon 20:00
27 goto step 3 if time-of-day is tue 08:00 to tue 20:00
28 goto step 3 if time-of-day is wed 08:00 to wed 20:00
29 goto step 3 if time-of-day is thu 08:00 to thu 20:00
30 goto step 3 if time-of-day is fri 08:00 to fri 20:00
32 disconnect after announcement 7037

Not a must but it give you complete control in my opinion.

G3si Guy

G3si Guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back