Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Vector or VM collecting storing and retreiving digits 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

phonechic

Technical User
Feb 5, 2002
US
I have been tasked with creating a vector that is currently an Aspect CCT. The CCT is used to as an employee absence/information line. If the employee is calling in sick, they are prompted to enter their employee ID. The Aspect system then stores the digits in variable A. The data is then pulled from the Aspect ACD and fed into a SQL database.... Is there anyway to recreate this in Avaya vectoring. We have S8700 CM 2.1. Intuity Audix LX 1.0.

This is a great question! I will be highly interested in the answers. Thank you for asking it.

With Variables for vectors you can store the collected digits to a variable and pass it to an adjunct. Check "System-parametes customer-options" for the feature 'Vectoring(Variables)' and if it is set to 'y' you are in a good way to implementing this...

Petran.

Thank-you petran. Vectoring variables is turned on. Can you give me a hint on how the vector should look. When you say pass it to the adjunct would that be the MapD or some other equipment?

cm2.x is really Avaya's introduction into variables. it seems to be somewhat limited. cm3.x things start to get more interesting because of the "set" command. but since you only have cm2.x, try using the "digits" buffer instead of variables.

as for reporting the prompted employee number, i'm not sure, but you could probably do this with the digits buffer as well. By just prompting for the employee number ("collect" step) the digits are stored in the digits buffer, and a digits message is simultaneously sent off across your CMS link (if you have one) to store in your database.

The contents of the digits buffer can also be sent off to an IVR using a "converse-on" step. Or, using the MAPD, the digits buffer should also be attached to the messaging protocol when an "adjunct routing" step is executed.

sorry, not strong with database stuff, but i'm pretty sure about the collect step storing the digits and sending the digits info.

hopefully this helps.

Thank-you yurichan. We will be working on this project on and off for the next couple of months. For those who may be interested, I will post my results. We will have access to a CM3.0 at another site, so we may go that way.

Im using Definity System software G3 release 8(G3V8i.04.1.060.0).

Is it possible work with variables ?

In my system (System-parametes customer-options) there is no 'Vectoring(Variables)' Option.

Does anybody help us ?

Claudio.

avaya can help you with ease. variables in vectors are available starting with cm 2.1 (r12.1), current release is cm3.1.2 so all you need to do is upgrade your system to the current release. then, if you have call center elite, you will have vector variables.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back