Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

vector curved text

Status
Not open for further replies.

htguy

Technical User
Sep 23, 2003
I want to place text on the top in side of an ellipse and then on the bottom inside of the same oval. I created the oval as a vector and can get the text to follow the inside of the curve on the top. However once I have done that I don't seem to have the text tool to place the bottom text?? The A changes to an [A] ( under the cursor) and any further text is straight.

I tried placing all the text in the first text dialog box but then it curles around the ellipse on the inside so some of the text is upside down and backwards??

What am I doing wrong?? You can visit to see the result that I have so far. There are some effects on there and the bar is still not finished but yu can see how the text laid out.

Thanx...........dug

Try clicking on your elipse, going to image/flip then type in your text.

I'm assuming that your first text was created as a floating and that you promoted it to it's own layer, otherwise this probably won't work.

Margaret

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back