Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VCS Cert

Status
Not open for further replies.

rbjohnson78

Technical User
Nov 1, 2011
US
I'm not sure if this is the right place in the forum for this question, but...

I'm trying to issue a wildcard cert for our Cisco VCS. I have purchased the wildcard cert, but I'm not sure how to create the CSR to obtain the wildcard cert for the domain.

Do any of you think I need to spin up a domain controller for that domain and request a cert that way? No one I have talked to seems to know how to do this.

Thank you!

Have you generated a csr from the vcs?
The deployment guide walks you step by step on the certificate generation subject

I have, but it generates the host name with the domain name, and I'm trying to find a way to export *.domain.com instead of vcs.domain.com. I have not done this before outside of IIS or our domain controller, and I'm not sure if using one of those to generate the initial CSR would work. Then add the vcs.domain.com to the wildcard as a sub domain.

I'm just having a hard time figuring out the initial CSR to upload to godaddy for the wildcard cert.

This is an expressway right?
I'm pretty sure wildcard crest are not supported.
I remember reading that somewhere in the deployment guide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back