Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VCM 32 (700417839) with 12 Avaya IP Endpoint Licences R9.1.12 to R11 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

tac84

Programmer
Mar 15, 2019
AU
Hi all,
I'm currently running R9.1.12 and my unit includes a VCM 32 (700417839) which includes the 12 Avaya IP Endpoint licences. Reason why I haven't upgraded to R11 is because I've read numerous conflicting articles which state that If you upgrade beyond R9, the VCM 32 will still work however you will lose the 12 Avaya IP Endpoint licences.

Has anyone tried this and can confirm if this is true or not? I'm a bit reluctant to upgrade beyond R9 if I will lose the 12 Avaya IP Endpoint Licences.

Thanks!

I'm not sure to be honest. But the 12 endpoint licenses should be migrated to real endpoint licenses free of charge.

You will see it if you create an update quote.

IP Office remote service Fixed price SIP trunk configuration: CLI based cale blocking: SCN fallback over PSTN:

I can confirm the licenses have been migrated from 9.1 ADI to 11.0 PLDS on the last 3 upgrades I performed without any issues.

Taken from the "Avaya IP Office Platform Solution Description" dated 2017

Virtual licenses
As part of the migration process, the following virtual licenses are no longer created as of release 10.0. They are provided as actual PLDS licenses.

• Virtual Essential Edition
• Virtual Preferred Edition for systems with a UCMv1 module
• Virtual Avaya IP endpoints for systems with:
- VCM32/64 v1 modules that provided 12 Avaya IP endpoints
- Legacy VCM channel migration licenses

I can confirm anytime we have done a license migration from ADI to PLDS with a V1 VCM32 or VCM64 these licenses were added.

The truth is just an excuse for lack of imagination.

Thanks everyone for your replies! Feel a lot better about upgrading now to R11.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back