Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

vCenter

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattmontalto

IS-IT--Management
Feb 26, 2010
US
Hello All,

I am running vCenter 6.0.0 as a virtual machine on an esxi host. I have 2 hosts in the environment and they are both connected to a distributed switch ... the vCenter VM is also connected to that dswitch and the data for it is on storage shared and accessible to both esxi hosts.

I read somewhere that supposedly vCenter will automatically switch to host 'B' if host 'A' goes down for any reason... so I initiated a reboot on host "A" but this did not happen... my vCenter VM just went down with the host... Does anyone know anything about this... for example how to keep vCenter up if there is a host failure?

Do I need to setup a cluster for something like that to happen?... trying to find good information about vCenter HA (high availability) is like searching for a needle in a hay stack..... Thank you..

Matt M

Thanks very much hairlessupportmonkey ... I really appreciate the help.... Am am looking over the article.... thanks again

Matt M

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back