Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Vcard Permission to Send Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

picarolio

IS-IT--Management
Jun 7, 2007
US
I'm having an issue with only one user. He cannot send a Vcard from Outlook to anyother user. He can send messages, replies, and what have you but if you attempt to forward or send a Vcard be it through Contacts or attaching the Vcard the message is bounced back. This happens whether it is sent internally or externally and only with this user.

I have checked his permissions on his own mailbox and they are correct. The error message does not generate any errors on the server nor client side that I can find in the System or Application Event Logs.

Error

The following recipient(s) could not be reached:

John Jingle on 6/19/2007/ 8:59 AM
You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator.
MSEXCH:MSExchangeIS:/DC=local/DC=DomainName:ExchangeServer

I'm about to the point of just creating a new mailbox for him, but this guy is one of the top dogs and I would prefer not to have to transfer his overly large mailbox to a new one if any one has an idea or two.

Thank you,

~ Ryan

I was able to get the Vcard to send, sort of. I first removed the user from his mailbox and connected him back to the mailbox. He was then able to send, but when he did it showed his name in the From box as someone normally sees when the option to send on behalf of is available to the user.

When the user clicks to send now he recieves an error for permissions denied to send on behalf of the user (himself). Yet, if you select the From option and select the user the message will send.

This only happens for Vcards, the From option does not appear on regular emails, replys or forwards. I have checked his permissions on his mailbox and even gave him permission to send on behalf of himself without getting the error to go away without the work around.

Any Ideas? Thanks!

I have now reinstated cache mode for the user and now the problem arises anew, but now if I simply remove the user from the FROM text box and send the forwarded Vcard, it sends normally.

Does this give any other clues? Is there a way to remove the FROM text box in a forward for a Vcard. I have removed his permission to send on behalf of himself.

I am having the same problem. The user can send vCards to anyone but this one user, and that user's mailbox generates a bounce. Permissions are the same across the board, so this makes no sense. Guess I'll have to use a technet subscription call-in if no one has a solid answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back