Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VC++ COM DLL raising error 429 in Visual Basic 6.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

huntjr

Programmer
Jun 12, 2000
US
I have created an MFC DLL in VC++ 6.0 with automation enabled and am able to compile it. The front end, Visual Basic 6.0, sees the COM info exported from the DLL (i.e., IntelliSense works). However, when I run code to create a new instance of a class in the DLL, it kicks back error 429 'ActiveX comoponent can't create object'. I did a little research and it seems to kick back that error when AppName.ClassName cannot be found under HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT. I did try registering the DLL using regsvr32.exe, and it succeeded.

I have not used VC++ before to create ActiveX DLLs. Any ideas?? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Phil Hunt
philh@dqc.com

1. If your dll depends on other COM DLLs make sure they are also registered with regsvr32.

2. To make sure that regsvr32 work fine just put the executable name regsvr32 in debug dsession and a breakpoint in DllRegisterServer and follow what he is doing.

3. You might have also some security problems, depending on what your ActiveX object is doing in constructor.

HTHT, s-)

Blessed is he who in the name of justice and goodwill, sheperds the weak through the valley of darkness...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back