Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VBScripting in Ansys Q3D extractor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bwide

Systems Engineer
Sep 14, 2017
FR
HiEveryone,
I'm trying to write a VBScript for Ansys q3d extractor .I have a DXF file that I wanted to import it into Ansys Q3D extractor, each time this file is changed in terms of number of polylines
for example: file1
file1_gadbja.png

when I import it into the Ansys Q3d extractor software I got 69 cond
file 2
when I import it into Q3d extractor I got 72 cond
file2_ge13h2.png

so I would like to know how to merge the objects that intersect automatically because each time the number of objects changes from one file to another.

This my code
Dim oAnsoftApp
Dim oDesktop
Dim oProject
Dim oDesign
Dim oEditor
Dim oModule
Set oAnsoftApp = CreateObject("Q3DExtractor.ScriptInterface")
Set oDesktop = oAnsoftApp.GetAppDesktop()
oDesktop.NewProject
Set oProject = oDesktop.GetActiveProject
oProject.InsertDesign "Q3D Extractor", "Q3DDesign1", "", ""
Set oDesign = oProject.SetActiveDesign("Q3DDesign1")
Set oEditor = oDesign.SetActiveEditor("3D Modeler")
oEditor.ImportDXF Array("NAME:eek:ptions", "FileName:=", _
"C:/Users/jawhar/Desktop/dfg/wi3.dxf", "Scale:=", 0.001, "AutoDetectClosed:=", _
true, "SelfStitch:=", true, "DefeatureGeometry:=", false, "DefeatureDistance:=", _
0, "RoundCoordinates:=", false, "RoundNumDigits:=", 4, "WritePolyWithWidthAsFilledPoly:=", _
false, "ImportMethod:=", 1, "2DSheetBodies:=", false, Array("NAME:LayerInfo", Array("NAME:0", "source:=", _
"0", "display_source:=", "0", "import:=", true, "dest:=", "0", "dest_selected:=", _
false, "layer_type:=", "signal"), Array("NAME:cond", "source:=", "cond", "display_source:=", _
"cond", "import:=", true, "dest:=", "cond", "dest_selected:=", false, "layer_type:=", _
"signal")))
Set oEditor = oDesign.SetActiveEditor("3D Modeler")
oEditor.Unite Array("NAME:Selections", "Selections:=", _
"cond_1,cond_2,cond_3,cond_26,cond_27,cond_39,cond_40,cond_52,cond_59,cond_60,c" & _
"ond_4,cond_5,cond_28,cond_41,cond_53,cond_7,cond_29,cond_30,cond_42,cond_61,co" & _
"nd_9,cond_8,cond_43,cond_6,cond_54"), Array("NAME:UniteParameters", "KeepOriginals:=", _
false)
"cond_18,cond_19,cond_34,cond_35,cond_47,cond_48,cond_57,cond_64,cond_17,cond_2" & _
"0,cond_21,cond_58,cond_67,cond_36,cond_49,cond_22,cond_65,cond_69,cond_38,cond" & _
"_51,cond_25,cond_24,cond_23,cond_50,cond_37"), Array("NAME:UniteParameters", "KeepOriginals:=", _
false)
"cond_31,cond_44,cond_10,cond_11,cond_12,cond_13,cond_14,cond_32,cond_45,cond_5" & _
"6,cond_63,cond_66,cond_68,cond_55,cond_62"), Array("NAME:UniteParameters", "KeepOriginals:=", _
false)
"cond_16,cond_15,cond_33,cond_46"), Array("NAME:UniteParameters", "KeepOriginals:=", _
false)
That's what I want regardless of the number of objects :file 3
file3_qa9xnw.png

While "Ansys q3d extractor" (which I never heard of before today) may use some vbscript, your issues seem to have nothing to do with vbscript and everyting to do with the q3d extractor libraries. You will be much better off searching the web and finding a forum that handles that specifically, rather than a more generic vbscript forum such as this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back