Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VBScript - Correlating remote file usage with remote session

Status
Not open for further replies.

humbletech99

Programmer
Nov 22, 2005
GB
I have some VBScript which can query the remote sessions on a server to tell me what users are connected from which computers (like net session). It can also tell me which users are using which files (like net file).

The problem is, I'm not sure how to correlate the two so that I can show which user is using which file from which machine. The sessions give me only user and computer, the files give me only user and path.

If a user has a session on the server from two or more machines, I can't just make assumptions and look up the user session by user name.

I am so far using the WinNT ADSI provider to get this information. I'm open to ideas on how I should be doing this, I first thought of WMI (since nearly all roads seem to end here) but couldn't see a way of enumerating this from there so went back to ADSI, I know ADSI can do some things that WMI can't (and vice versa of course).

If anyone has any ideas, I'm open to them.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back