Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VBScript Automation? Submit on Alternate Page? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rock6431

Programmer
Mar 23, 2002
US

I am working on an automation of a webpage and am currently able to fill out another webpage's textfields and textareas through my automation. My problem is that there is a button to continue or search, that is a "SUBMIT" style button as shown below in HTML source. How do I or can I depress the submit button, or can I call the doc properties to somehow submit that webpage?

<INPUT TYPE=SUBMIT NAME=FindThem
VALUE='Press Here to Search'>

Thanks in advance for your help...

Hello Rock6431 & Dnig,

You can take a look into my recent posting in this forum:
thread(329-813578)

You can use document.getElementByID to get to the button, or, use .getElementsByName which return a collection then scan through the collection to locate the submit button. Once got hold of its handle, run the .click method to submit the search.

regards - tsuji

Sorry guys... Been out ill for a long while. I appreciate the reply and will work on this. Just for grins, I am making a VB6 app that will automatically pull out the different objects on the page and associate them with icons with names ect... then, after you select the object(s) in my app, it will generate the javascript and/or vbscript for working with that object (textbox, select, radio, even spans). This way, I'll have a basic GUI for exploiting webpages and automating them as well as monitoring/fixing them in a snap should the distant page change. If your interested in this let me know and I'll share as soon as I have it down pat.

Rock6431

Hello Rock6431,

Sure. You would be most welcome to share your experience with us. I am sure members would learn something from it and recognize your generosity.

regards - tsuji

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back