Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VBENLR98.CHM and WinXP

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmgrn

Programmer
Nov 28, 2001
US
I am trying to use the FileSystemObject (Scripting Runtime reference) in my Access97 application VBA module on my WinXP Pro machine (with IE6) at work but whenever I highlight a keyword to reference help using F1 I get the message "The C:\WINDOWS\system32\VBENLR98.CHM file is not a Windows Help file, or the file is corrupted.".

I have all the Access97 help files installed.

I also have VB6 and MSDN library for VS6 (and all their help files) installed.

I can remember this working on my Win98 machine and it was very helpful.

In the past when I installed MS software the help always worked so I am not sure why this is not working or if there are extra steps that I must take to get it to work.

If I just open the VBENLR98.CHM directly, it shows nothing on the left and an incomplete reference to "Calendar Constants" on the right.

If the file is corrupt, is there somewhere (other than my MSDN cd) where can I get a non-corrupt copy?

Also, can the VBENLR98.CHM file just be copied into my system or would it have to be installed somehow?

Finally, will a WinXP Pro solution work on my PC at home that runs WinXP Home?

Hope someone has a solution.

Thanks in advance :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back