Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VBA

Status
Not open for further replies.

NW

Programmer
Feb 3, 2000
GB
How to use VBA as the scripting language for an application written in VB6?.<br>
Thanks<br>

Hi NW,<br>
<br>
Could you give us a few more details please?<br>
<br>
Regards<br>
<br>
Mike<br>
<p>Mike Lacey<br><a href=mailto:Mike_Lacey@Cargill.Com>Mike_Lacey@Cargill.Com</a><br><a href= Cargill's Corporate Web Site</a><br>

Hi Mike,<br>
This is what I want to do.<br>
<br>
Instead using Script control I want to use VBA to script codes been added to my program at runtime.<br>
Regards<br>
Niranjan<br>
<br>

Niranjan,<br>
<br>
To make sure I have this correct: You would like to modify the code of a program, at run-time, and then execute it.<br>
<br>
I don't think you can do this with VB but there are other options. For example: You could write a VB program that generated some <i>other</i> language (perl for instance, or tcl) and then execute that.<br>
<br>
Mike<br>
<p>Mike Lacey<br><a href=mailto:Mike_Lacey@Cargill.Com>Mike_Lacey@Cargill.Com</a><br><a href= Cargill's Corporate Web Site</a><br>

VBA is already compiled at runtime (pseudocode, or native). VB Script can be executed interpretively at runtime.<br>
<br>
Larry Woods

Larry,<br>
<br>
Yes - thinking about it there must be a way to interpret VB script - for web pages and such.<br>
<br>
Is there a way to do that from within VBA?<br>
<br>
Mike<br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back