Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VBA to display overflow text vertically on selection

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaunk

Programmer
Aug 20, 2001
AU
I have a series of cells made up of one vertical cell and 6 merged rows each. Each cell can contain quite a large amount of text data.

Each cell represents a single day in an appointment scheduling system I have built, based on a tutorial by Randy Austin from Excel Freelancers.
I don't wish to adjust the cell height to a larger value as this will impact on the visual appeal of the system.

I want all of the text to overflow vertically when a user selects the cell.

I have tried all of the formatting options, such as wrap text and AutoFit Row Height, but they don't work for merged cells.

I am looking for a vba solution to do this on cell selection.

Thanks

There has to be a pony in this pile of s*%t somewhere.

If for a specific text this can't be done in pure excel, how VBA could help? You can consider other ways to display full text of selected cell: comment, shape ot text field. Worksheet_SelectionChange event can be used to manage visibility and coordinates of the object used.

combo

Thanks combo,

You have given me an idea how to proceed.

There has to be a pony in this pile of s*%t somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back