Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VBA script to open and extract from multiple embedded objects in Word

Status
Not open for further replies.

timg111

Technical User
Feb 21, 2020
US
I exported an archive of Outlook "Notes". These are simple plain-text documents. The Outlook Export created a Word file with embedded Notename.msg objects.
I need the data in searchable text, not embedded objects. There are thousands of notes, so manually opening and copy/paste each message is not feasible.
I want to use VBA to iterate through all the embedded objects, open them, copy all the note's text, and paste the note's text, appending into the same (or another) Word document.

A very similar question was posted in 2012, now closed: Link

I tried the proposed VBA code, and I get the same error as reported in 2012 (Run-time error '430': Class does not support Automation or does not support expected interface") with Office 365 today.

A solution was never posted.

Can anyone help debug this error, or offer a different approach to opening and extracting text from embedded objects?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back