Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VBA reference incompatibility between Access versions... 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

PLCBeetle

Programmer
Sep 30, 2008
US
Good morning to all…
Background…
I have written a database program in MSAccess 2010 and put this program on my server for everyone to use. This program opens MSExcel 2010, creates a data file, saves the file, closes the file and MSExcel. To do this I use the Microsoft Excel 14.0 Object Library in the MSAccess VBA references.
If I open this program on a computer, or any other computer running MSAccess 2010, it works fine.
If anyone else opens the program on a computer running MSAccess 2013, it works fine as well.

The problem is…
When I open the program on my MSAccess 2010 computer AFTER someone opens the program using a newer version of MSAccess it does not work. I get the error “SEARCHING FOR REFERENCED FILE: EXCEL.EXE”
I then open the program in design mode to see what is going on and the previously used VBA reference of Microsoft Excel 14.0 Object Library is now showing: MISSING Microsoft Excel 15.0 Object Library.
I know this is an incompatibility between the different MSAccess versions, but I don’t know what to do about it. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back