Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VBA Object for Reflection for the Web 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

makavity

Programmer
Nov 23, 2003
US
I am a barely proficient VBA programmer that had learned to write VBA code to import Excel data into Attachmate Extra.

Our company has moved to using Reflection for the Web 2011, which has Java based macros.

I'm trying to update my program to import the Excel data into the new Reflection for the Web 2011, but can't seem to find the Object name.

Below is the code I have used for Attachmate Extra

Dim sessions As Object
Dim System As Object
Dim MyScreen As Object
Dim Session_Name As String

Set System = CreateObject("EXTRA.System")
Set sessions = System.sessions.Open(“xxxxxx”)
sessions.Visible = True
Set MyScreen = sessions.Screen

Our system uses a web link to open the Reflection session, so I'd need to change to GetObject, but beyond that I'm lost.

I've searched Attachmate, and maybe just my poor understanding of programming, I'm not able to find what the "Set System = " portion should be.

I have found a number of people asking the same question, but no solution... or no VBA that doesn't return an error when I replace in my code.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

JR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back