Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VBA lookup and display data Quotation

Status
Not open for further replies.

LECXE

Programmer
Oct 18, 2002
ZA
Hi
I would like to do a quotation sheet whereby a user types in the qty and code. The VBA would then lookup the description of the item and return it to the spreedsheet. Currently I am using excel and two sheets with vlookup, but this does not offer much protection of the descriptions (5800) of them. Sometimes the item is not listed on sheet 2, then the user is able to use a generic number and type in their own description, which will then be carried to sheet one. Because of the nature of sheet 2, no emailing is allowed as this means all our product data will be sent out, that is why I need to do it in VBA. Does anyone perhaps have an example or know where I can get something similar. I am a bit rusty on arrays.

As this is a VBA specific question, you will do better in the VBA forum, or in the Office forum (which covers Excel)

'If we're supposed to work in Hex, why have we only got A fingers?'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back