Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VBA ? In help in creating dynamic charts in excel

Status
Not open for further replies.

drmichaelw

IS-IT--Management
Oct 5, 2002
US
What I would like to do is click a button that runs code, which creates bar graphs of my data.

Mytable columns:

Description, Part ID, Fab, system division, total/partId

for each part Id I have different fabs, systems and total/partId.

Iknow what I want to do however I don't have much experience in vba coding.

I need to loop through each row and produce one graph for each part ID. Whenever a part Id changes a new graph needs to be produced for the next part id.

The graph would look something like this:
X axis: Fab
Y axis: Total

If this is not asking too much I would like to be able to add the part id and description values in the top label of the graph and hard code "Total Parts" on the Y axis label

if you can help please let me know.

Hi drmichaelw,

I've developed a model that automates the generation of various graphs, based on a large database.

I'd be interested in seeing if I can modify the model to fit your application.

If you can email the file I'd be willing to modify it to incorporate the automation I've developed. This includes an option to click a button to copy any graph to the clipboard, for pasting into other software such as Word or PowerPoint.

If your data happens to be "sensitive", perhaps you could email a smaller version of the file, and replace the sensitive data with fictitious data that still reflects the type of data you're working with.

Regards, ...Dale Watson dwatson@bsi.gov.mb.ca

Dale,

That sounds great. I will go through the data tomorrow and will send you a sample worksheet. The feature which sends the graphs to powerpoint sounds great as well.

I will communicate with you soon

Regards,
Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back