Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VBA, Images & pptx 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkNie

Technical User
Sep 22, 2005
GB
Hi All

Hope you are well.

Have a quick question and hoping someone out there would be able to shed some light.

We are having problems in PowerPoint 2007 with enhanced metafile images. People keep using these formats which we cannot stop. This causes powerpoint to run very slowly. We have found out it is due to the Meta Files, once we change them to bitmaps or gif or jpegs the document is fine.

Was wondering if there is an easy way through vba to find and convert all metafiles to either jpeg, gif or bitmap.

Thanks in advance for any help you could provide.

Thanks
Mark

Hi

I have done the below code but keep getting an error. Any ideas?

Sub ResizePicture()
Dim shp As Shape
Dim sld As Slide

For Each sld In ActivePresentation.Slides
For Each shp In sld.Shapes
If shp.Type = msoPicture Then
shp.Cut
shp.PasteSpecial Format:="Picture (JPEG)", Link:=False, _
DisplayAsIcon:=False
End If
Next
Next
End Sub

Thanks for any help

This is an Access database forum. There are probably people who monitor this forum who can help, but there are better forums on this site that will get you a faster answer. Try the "VBA" forum. If you post a new thread just reference in this thread the new number so people know where to reply. Try not to post in multiple forums whthout referencing the other thread. It makes it difficult for the responders.

Yes, please post non-MS Access VBA questions in forum707.

However, Mr. Nie, I must add that over the past five years, you have posted 37 threads and have received many good tips related to your stated needs. Yet, you have responded NOT ONCE, to
[blue]
Thank Tek-Tip Contributor
for this valuable post!
[/blue].
The [purple]little purple Stars[/purple] have several purposes.

First, they [purple]give positive feedback to Tek-Tip Contributors[/purple], that their posts have been valuable.

Second, they [purple]identify threads as containing valuable posts[/purple], so that other members can share in the benefit.

And third, they identify the original poster (that's YOU, BTW), as a grateful member, that not only has received, but is also willing to [purple]give visible tokens of thanks[/purple].

Furthermore, you have ZERO REPLYS in any Tek-Tip forum. It appears that you view Tek-Tips as a Take-Take thing, rather than Take & Give. Does that really describe you?

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my old subtlety...
for a NUANCE![tongue][/sub]

Hi Skipvought

Thanks for you comments, I will take that into consideration. Apologies if I have not thanked anyone which was not what I set out to do.

I am however just a technical user and feel I don't have the skills to give any valuable input.

Thanks
Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back