Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VBA editor: Jumps unexpectedly back into Access

Status
Not open for further replies.

WantToKnowMore

Programmer
Apr 6, 2004
US
This is a sporadic problem: When I toggle to VBA and strike any key, I am immediately switched back into Access. When I toggle back to VBA, the key stroke I entered is there, and I can continue on. This has happened with the Return Key as well as numerous other keys so there isn’t a particular key associated with this problem. I don’t see any other pattern other than it occurs on the first key stroke and like I already mentioned, it is infrequent.

When I am in the Access front end, I never get bounced into the VBA Editor. I programmed in 2002 for about 4 years so I'm not new to Access - however, I don't know why I'm having this problem. We have however, recently upgraded to Microsoft Office 2007 and I'm using Windows XP SP2.

Thx

Thank you for your response - No, I'm not using a timer - however I found that if I disconnect from our network, it doesn't appear to be happening. Could there me something timing out in the network that would affect Access?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back