Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VBA Design Mode Problems + Other Comp. Integration

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roam2k2

Programmer
Aug 4, 2008
CA
Hi,
I've created a form in Ms Word. However, whenever I email it to friends and such, the VB Design Mode is always On. They don't really know how to turn it off and just drag textboxes and stuff around :p It's weird 'cause i save it as Design Mode 'Off' in mine. How do i ensure that it's always off ? As far as Macro Security, is there a way I can always enable macros for them...regardless of what computer their on ?

Thanks guys,
-Roam.

Basically, you can't do what you ask. Macro security - which is related to having ActiveX controls and opening in design mode - is a user option that cannot be controlled from code. If it could be controlled from code it would be a useless option.

Enjoy,
Tony

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We want to help you; help us to do it by reading this: Before you ask a question.

I'm working (slowly) on my own website

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back