Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VBA Breakpoints Not functioning 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jon438

IS-IT--Management
Jul 1, 2006
US
I'm working with Microsoft Access 2003.

I am working to debug a piece of code for a form, but when I set a break point it is ignored. The portion of the code that I've got the break point set at runs, and keeps going.

Any suggestions on what could cause this?

Jon,

Are you sure the line of code witht the breakpoint is definitely executing? It's not within a conditional block?

I've never had this problem, but I have ahd the exact opposite - phantom breakpoints (where a breakpoint has been added and then subsequently removed) keep working, even after the database has been closed and re-opened.

I have heard that some people have had success with resolving this by decompiling/recompiling the database. If all else fails importing all objects into a new MDB normally does the trick.

A temporary solution would be to put Stop statements in the relevant places - far from ideal, I know, but they will probably still work.

Ed Metcalfe.

Please do not feed the trolls.....

The code is executing. It seems too that this is an intermittent problem. Sometimes it stops, sometimes it doesn't.

When it's not working break points don't work anywhere.

I've inherited this database, and I think the previous administrators liked to play with add-ins some of which have left weird traces of themselves behind when they were removed, so tracking the exact cause is difficult.

Tools -> Startup -> Use Access Special Keys
Is it marked? if not then this is your problem.

Thanks orna!

That took care of it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back