Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VBA autofill html forms

Status
Not open for further replies.

standenman

Programmer
May 24, 2016
US
I am trying to automate the completion and submission of a series of html forms in VBA. I am able to open the login form, automate the completion of the userID and Password fields as well as check a "disclosure" type checkbox, and clicking the submit button, which brings me to form 2. form 2 has no data to complete, All I need to do is click a button on form 2. I can't get that button to fire for anything. Consistent error 424 or error 91 and I have commented those problems in the code below.

So I am new to this, and really don't know what I am doing, but I am thinking its because I am not actually on form 2 when I reach the code trying to click . Though when the code reaches ieapp.visable = true I do get form1, then form 2 visable, I feel like ieapp may still be pointing to form 1, because when I add iapp.refresh, I am back to form 1, with no info in the userid and password fields of form 1. It seems to me that form 1 has been refreshed.

Here's the form 2 button I want to click: <input name="enterERE" class="uef-btn" id="enterere" type="submit" value="Enter ERE">

Here's my VBA code :

Private Sub ERE_Reports_Click()
Dim ieApp As InternetExplorer
Dim iePage As HTMLDocument
Dim Btn As HTMLFormElement

Set ieApp = New InternetExplorer
ieApp.Navigate "
'wait for page to load
Do Until ieApp.ReadyState = READYSTATE_COMPLETE
Loop

iePage.Forms(0).Item("userid").Value = "UserID"
iePage.Forms(0).Item("password").Value = "Password"
iePage.Forms(0).Item("accept").Click
iePage.Forms(0).submit

Do Until ieApp.ReadyState = READYSTATE_COMPLETE
Loop
ieApp.Visible = True

'this means I am back on form 1 with no info in the userid and password fields
ieApp.Refresh2

'render error 13
Set Btn = iePage.getElementsByName("enterERE")
Btn.Click
'renders error 91
iePage.getElementsByName("EnterERE").Item.Click
'renders error 91
iePage.getElementById("enterere").Click
'iePage.getElementsByClassName("uef-btn").Item.Click
'renders error 424
iePage.Forms(0).Item("enter ere").Click
'render error 438
iePage.getElementsByTagName("enterERE").Click

End Sub

Status