Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VBA Attachmate Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VBAInterest

IS-IT--Management
Mar 20, 2009
IN
Dear Experts, I am using Attachmate Extra Personal Client 6.4 and trying to automate the work using Microsoft Excel VBA. I have created the code and it seems to work fine except at certain times (when the rumber of rows to execute is more than 100 or so...) it looks to jump screens or overtype at certain cursor positions. The code looks fine however it gives different results at different times. Is there a session timing issue in attachmate because of which I am getting this error. Currently the default session timing is set at 3 seconds. I have validations kept for each screen name too. Any help that you could give me about attachmate extra and basic steps that we should keep in mind while designing automation tasks on attachmate will be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Venu

Hi,

I would not wait for a set period of time. Rather look for the cursor, where it is supposed to be after IMS processes...
Code:
    With oScreen
        .SendKeys ("<enter>")
        .MoveRelative 1, 1, 1
        .SendKeys ("<enter>")
        Do Until (.WaitForCursor(8, 1))
            DoEvents
        Loop
    End With
Of course, I do ALL my coding in Excel VBA, which is much more robust than Extra Basic, but DoEvents ought to work for you.

Skip,
[sup][glasses]Don't let the Diatribe...
talk you to death![tongue][/sup][sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my old subtlety...
for a NUANCE![tongue][/sub]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back