Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VBA and Broadcast Agent

Status
Not open for further replies.

binboy77

MIS
Oct 20, 2002
IN
We have BO reports with VBA as the dataprovider.

I use VB forms for user credential validation and also for them to select the database schema, tablename and other details.

When i refresh the BO report, all these forms pop up in an orderly fashion and allow users to enter the data. This is working fine when the report is refreshed from the desktops

Now we are planning to bring in Broad Cast Agent and I want to know if this would work the same way when I schedule a report in Broadcast agent?
Would the Broadcast agent make the BO report pop up the VB forms and allow users to enter the informations before sending the report to be scheduled?

Thanks

Bin

If you have prompts in your document and when you schedule the document to BCA you will be asked for the Prompt Values during the Schedule process...

Sri

Thanks Sri,
Would this work even if the prompts require an active database connection using the ADO?
Would the BCA manage it?
I have a command button "Run Report" which when clicked executes the SQL of the dataprovider.
Thats when the final VB form is completed.
So BCA would make these forms pop up and collect the parameters (table and column names) and when I click "Run Report" , schedule it?

Please do clarify...

Thanks much

Bin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back